Most scams, such as sub-prime mortgages and email scams, victimize adults. But custody scams victimize children. When government fails to protect children it throws open the doors to private contractors—lawyers and clinicians—who enrich themselves at the expense of children. (More about this child and the mother who tried to protect her appears below.)
- ► 2014 (17)
- ► 2013 (16)
- ► 2012 (25)
- ► 2011 (26)
- Dr. Amy Castillo tries to change Maryland law to "...
- Why judges and police must learn to connect the do...
- Children need court protection
- Father kills 18-month-old for crying
- This child should have been protected by the judge...
- Why do judges fail to protect children from forced...
- Dead baby beaten by father for being a girl
- King of his Castle: Custody murders in 2010
- Second father-son murder-suicide in two weeks
- When custody courts don't care about children
- When judges don't believe the violence
- Suicide-murder of infant son planned on Facebook
- ▼ February (12)
- ► 2009 (26)
About the mother and child pictured at the top
She is one of countless children in Rhode Island subjected to severe emotional and physical trauma by Family Court when it helps abusive parents to maintain control over their families after divorce. When she turned 18 in 2007, she gave the Parenting Project permission to publish her picture on behalf of all children who have been held hostage by Rhode Island custody scams.
About the Author and the Cause